We’ve been hearing for most of a week now that a big storm is due in on or about Monday. It’s been dubbed Winter Storm Kayla and the forecasters now agree the snow will begin tomorrow night and continue through Monday, with accumulation of up to 12″ (16″ in one forecast) here in Denver. That’s a lot more than we usually get at one time.
Needless to say, I’m not planning to drive 20 miles in those conditions to see my pulmonologist. But not wanting to cancel too soon — in case the forecasts were wrong (as they so often are here) — I haven’t called in yet. Well, I tried today, but there’s no one answering on weekends. So I’ll be joining the phone jam first thing Monday morning to cancel and reschedule.
I do hope I can get through with a message asking the doctor to call me, however. I need to know how to continue my prednisone taper as well as whether to refill and continue the Bactrim, Advair, and Flonase.
It’s a pretty minor scheduling hiccup, relatively speaking. Through some nine months of treatment, I’ve not missed or had to cancel an appointment until now. (I’m kinda proud of that.) And I keep thinking how extremely fortunate I am that I didn’t end up having to get to daily radiation treatments this time of year.