I have just three radiation treatments to go. Friday is to be the last. And I can only cross my fingers that the now obviously red area that’s receiving the boosts won’t get too much worse in three days (more lotion! more lotion!).
Meantime, it seems like my cough may have returned last night — with a vengeance. No idea why. I’m hoping it’s only a temporary lapse of some sort.
But the real fun is coming tonight in the form of a winter storm. It’s due to arrive between 10 pm and midnight and not move out till about noon tomorrow (latest forecast just said “mid-morning”). Predictions are calling for 2-5 inches of white stuff accompanied by high winds. My appointment happens to be at 9:30 am, some 17 miles south of here. (For some reason the south side always catches the worst weather.)
I’m hoping normal rush hour traffic will have beaten the snow into submission by the time I head out, usually around 8:30. But I’m thinking an earlier start would be wise tomorrow. I’m a good driver, have a car with AWD, and can navigate through most anything if I have to (that doesn’t mean I like it). But all those other drivers out there … hoo boy.
You see, for a number of years now I’ve been able to blithely ignore inclement weather. I’ve had no reason to go out in anything but ideal driving conditions. So I admit to being apprehensive about the morning drive tomorrow. The forecasts could be wrong, one way or the other. Less snow, more snow, no snow. The roads could be icy under a lot of snow, or cleared by the traffic before I ever leave the house.
Worry, worry, worry. If you’ve got some worrying that needs doing, send it my way. I’m an expert, with years of experience..